Easter is a time that most of us look forward to, allowing us guilt free consumption of lots of CHOCOLATE.
Our pets, particularly dogs have a sweet tooth for chocolate. Ingestion of chocolate for our pets can be life-threatening.
Clinical signs include: hyperactivity,anxiousness,vomiting, diarrhoea and abnormal heart rhythms.
These cases require veterinary care immediately to remove the toxin and manage the patient. If your pet does eat any amount of chocolate, ring us straight away. This will allow us to assess and induce vomiting if necessary and give your pet supportive care.