Location: 6 Smith St Charlestown
Convenient parking off street at our door, additional parking is also available at the rear of the building.
We are open 6 days. View our consultation hours
Consultations by appointment. Call us on 4943 6066 or book an appointment online.
About our modern, purpose built, state of the art vet hospital
Our Charlestown practice is a modern veterinary hospital equipped with everything required for professional high standard medicine and surgery.
We hold regular team meetings to improve communications and to help us achieve our aim to provide the highest quality compassionate and professional service to our clients and their pets at all times.
Everyone regularly attends refresher courses to update their skills and knowledge.
Special features which set our Charlestown vet practice apart
- Observation windows throughout the hospital area, animal wards and theatre so that patients can be easily observed at all times.
- Modern anesthetic equipment and patient anesthetic monitoring devices (see services).
- A dedicated imaging area for x-rays and ultrasound including probestoexamine hearts in detail.
- A laboratory. We have the option to run bloods in-house or send them externally to Laverty Pathology who offer us regular pick-ups and fast results.We have high levels of skill in microscopy in our team.
- 24-hour emergency service. At night and on Sundays and public holidays, we are supported by The Newcastle Animal Emergency Centre (NAEC) in Broadmeadow. Patients are transferred back to us next working morning if not well enough to be sent home. The NAEC is only open after hours.
- 24 hour monitoring for critically ill patients. Animals requiring overnight monitoring are transferred to the NAEC. Next morning they are transferred back to us.
- House calls and ambulance pick ups available if required - however we feel that we can perform a far more thorough and professional examination at our hospital.
- Puppy preschool.
- Adolescent dog training.