Location: 18 Maude St, Belmont (near Aldi supermarket)
Convenient parking off street at our door.
Consultations by appointment. View our consultation hours or book an appointment online.
About our modern, purpose built, state of the art hospital
The Belmont practice was built from scratch in 2008-2009. It replaced an older building where we had been practicing veterinary science for 28 years. We are very proud of our new practice - it is spacious and modern with the latest innovations in modern veterinary hospital design. The hospital provides the environment for the team to provide the best care and support to your pet.
We hold regular team meetings to improve communications and to help us achieve our aim to provide the highest quality compassionate and professional service to our clients and their pets at all times.
Everyone regularly attends refresher courses to update their skills and knowledge.
Special features which set our Belmont vet practice apart
- 3 consultation rooms including a grieving room
- Separate cat and dog wards
- A digital x-ray suite
- A laboratory: We have the option to do in-house bloods or to send them externally to Laverty Pathology, who offer us regular pick ups and fast results.
- Observation windows throughout the hospital area, so that patients can be easily observed at all times. Modern anesthetic equipment and patient anesthetic monitoring devices – see services offered.
- 24-hour emergency service at night and on Sundays and public holidays. We are supported by The Newcastle Animal Emergency Centre (NAEC) in Broadmeadow. Patients are transferred back to us next working morning if not well enough to be sent home. The NAEC is only open after hours.
- 24 hour monitoring for critically ill patients. Animals requiring over night monitoring are transferred to the NAEC. Next morning they are transferred back to us.
- House calls and ambulance pick ups available if required - however we feel that we can perform a far more thorough and professional examination at our hospital.
- Puppy Preschool.
- Good Dog Manners training for adolescent and adult dogs.